Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Journal #14

I know I've seen businesses using the Papryus font and have actually noticed that it isn't all that common, but I can't find any in my area now that I'm looking! So I searched the internet and found TONS of examples. What was interesting to me is the Avatar logo, I did not realize this font was so widely used. A lot of it was used to promote earthy things (it has that kind of vibe) or creative businesses such as photography. It is unconventional when compared to the overused Times New Roman, Arial, and other fonts. I actually really like this font and don't mind at all seeing it used as often as it is; it helps to showcase the business and speaks of the business's goals. This font is easy to read and appealing to the eye; so a final thought...use the Papryus font! Why would we ever want to always use the same thing!?

No comments:

Post a Comment